Sunday, May 24, 2009

What is my body saying....

So, I'm not usually one to overreact to medical things. I actually probably wait too long sometimes to take action. But I have called the doctor everyday for the past 3 days. I'm sure I have become very annoying. I am constantly having cramps like menstrual cramps. I have had several contractions, but not close together for an extended period of time. Although, I did have 3 in 20 minutes one time. And I have some spotting going on, which makes me wonder if little Gracie is trying to break out.
I am due in 6 weeks and 5 days and really need to hold out for another 3 weeks at least. I would love to see Gracie and have my body back, but I would feel much better if she could just hang in there a good bit longer.
Not to mention, we have now packed up her whole nursery and it is in a storage unit or my garage. Now my concerns about where I will deliver is a whole different story! I am going to be at my OB up through my 36th week. Then I will be moving and visiting another doctor starting at 37 weeks. I admit that this increases some of my apprehensions about labor. Health Insurance adds a bit of a problem to the situation as well. I just hope we can figure everything out.
Don't get me wrong, I am super excited about moving and opening a new unit! And I am super excited about having a baby. I am a little curious as to how it will play out. Opening this new unit will require Blake to work close to 60 hours a week, and me to work more than I am use to at the moment. I am want to breastfeed and I don't know how I'll make that work. I am praying God will bless us with a really capable nanny to make this transition all the easier. I just don't want Gracie to think anyone else is her mommy.

2 comments:

  1. I love your new house. You need to call me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) My advice is try to find a good lactation consultant in Northport/T'town (and probably not one affiliated with the hospital - someone who is truly doing it out of love instead of a paycheck), get a good book on breastfeeding (The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding seems to be the gold standard), take a deep breath, pray, and let God do the rest. :) You alone can only do so much, better to worry about the little that you can control and leave the rest to a higher power. It's going to be great! Hang in there and good luck!

    ReplyDelete