Saturday, May 9, 2009

We are Moving!


We received a phone call less than 4 weeks ago that a Chick-fil-A Free-Standing Unit was being built in Northport, AL (just north of Tuscaloosa) and they had not selected an Operator. I overnighted my application to the Home Office and the circus began! We had several scheduled visits from Business Consultants to taste all of our food and meet our team and ask me loads of questions. Then we also had some unannounced visits (some while I was there and some while I wasn't.) Blake was awesome throughout the process, making sure that the team was working as hard as ever. He kept everyone happy and on task. They really love him.
We got a phone call Thursday night that we had been selected!! Thank goodness, because I don't think my nerves could go through that again.
This new unit opens July 23, just a couple of weeks after Gracie is born! It will be an exhausting couple of weeks but at least Blake and I make a perfect team. We can juggle work, home, and fun pretty nicely. We will certainly need all the support we can get.
Grand Opening our own Free-Stander in Alabama is our dream come true! We will be able to truly spread our wings and operate a family business. Now we just need to hire between 70-80 employees in time to train and open in July!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's going to be a fast move. Congratulations! We will miss you.

    ReplyDelete