Thursday, May 28, 2009

Time Invested

This is my last week at Village Mall. There was a time when I thought it would be easy to leave with such an amazing opportunity ahead. Don't get me wrong, I do not regret this decision at all. However, Blake and I have invested so much time and energy in this unit and in these team members. I don't know if I can "turn off" my feeling of responsibility to the crew and the unit itself. It is amazing to think that we will be starting all over.
It doesn't help that I have so many loose ends to still tie up and the Interim Manager won't be here until a week after my contract is officially terminated. This store runs so smoothly that they really don't need us. I regret that I didn't take more time off while I wasn't needed because now I feel like our lives are about to be taken over. I am excited about having a baby and I am excited about opening a new unit. But I admit that I am worried about "Blake and me" time. Is it selfish to feel protective of that? Neither one of us are all that love able when we are sleep-deprived. And sleep-deprived we will be! We should have traveled more (but we couldn't afford it) ha. Now we need to pray that God will send us Chick-fil-A team members with a serving spirit and hopefully some CFA experience! This will make life all the easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment