Friday, October 16, 2009

So long Robin Williams...hello fussy baby!


Last Christmas I got Blake tickets to see Robin Williams live at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta. The show was set for March, but Robin Williams had a heart valve replacement the week of the show. It was postponed to tonight! We were pretty excited about this show because Blake and I need a good laugh right now! Not to mention some alone time. Well, Blake has gone alone.

Gracie had been doing a great job sleeping 9-10 hours a night for the past 2-3 weeks until Tuesday night. The past 3 nights, she has woken up screaming at 11:00pm, 2am and 5 am. This is very unusual behavior, especially because her cry turns into a scream like she is in severe pain! Last night it got so bad that I thought she must have a tooth coming in, an ear infection or something.

The Dr. couldn't work me in until 3:45pm and we really needed to leave by 2pm for the show. Ashley and Jason were going to watch Gracie but had to take her with them to Birmingham to meet her parents at 4. Ashley graciously said she would postpone leaving until after the doctor. I think Becky had plans to leave at 4pm, but Ashley didn't want Sydney going to the doctor and catching anything. I knew I wouldn't have fun if I was worried the whole time. So I sent Blake on alone and I stayed behind. I think it was the right decision, but she isn't sick!

The doctor thinks it is something I ate this week...probably my homemade chili. I didn;t make it spicy, but it has beans and onions. I ate it Tuesday and THursday and Blake's spicy burgers on Wednesday. I'll admit that my stomach has been uneasy for days too.

So I have ultimately created my own hell.

We have so much going on at the store, and so much work to be done that I absolutely can not seem to finish it all by 5pm everyday. I am afraid that I am dropping the ball on things. I am running the minute I walk into work and leaving in a hurry before I am able to complete everything. I know that things will get easier, but for now I am doing all that I can. If only I could get out the door by 9 everyday....

1 comment:

  1. I know, this mom thing is rough! But it definitely makes you stronger - and remember that God doesn't give you more than you can handle. Just means He has a lot of faith in you! Love the picture - Gracie gets cuter every time I see her!

    ReplyDelete