Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sit down, You're rocking the boat


We took a boat ride today! What awesome weather to enjoy after a short work day! The sky was completely clear, the air wasn't cool, or hot, or humid. IT was just PERFECT. Blake wanted to take Hayden, Brooke's son, fishing with him. Hayden is the most adorable thing and remembers everyone. He was so excited to come. Jason, Ashley and Sydney came along too! I think Sydney just enjoyed being with a cute boy. We have to watch out.

I remembered Hayden asking me several weeks ago if he could come over and see Gracie's nursery one day, and sure enough, the first thing he asked his mommy when he walked in was could he see the nursery. What a smart little 4 year old. Sydney was so interested in him and would rub his face and he was so sweet to both of them. He told Sydney that if she fell into the water, he would jump in and save her.

We didn't catch any fish, but we enjoyed being around each other. Gracie was well past naptime but couldn't sleep with all that activity. I was very glad that she didn't get cranky until we were on the way home. She would normally sleep really well on the boat.

Blake let Hayden and Sydney drive the boat. That was a trip. Hayden did not want to go to fast because he was afraid someone would fall out! Sydney on the other hand, jerked the wheel around and we almost got swamped! She got a little jealous of Uncle Blake letting Hayden sit in his lap.

When we were leaving, Hayden asked if he could come stay at our house. Then he said, "Can I sleep in Gracie's bed?" And Blake got all fatherly from the other side of the boat and hollared, "What did you just say son?" We all died laughing! It was too funny watching these kids who were all about 2 years apart. It;s amazing how much they grow in 2 years!
Gracie Sleep Update-
Last night she cried for 45 minutes and then slept from 9:15pm to 6:45am. That;s crazy!! Tonight we did our routine again and she fell asleep nursing. YAY! No crying!! I tried to burp her for about 10 minutes and got nothing! I am a little worried she will wake soon screaming! She absolutely will not burp if she is asleep.
I am trying to learn when the exact right moment is to swaddle her and put her down for naps. We seem to have about a 3 minute window that is between wide awake and getting cranky. I am just going to really study her and try to understand these sleep cues. We are trying to eliminate sleeping in the swing, which is one of the only ways Becky can get her to sleep. Even when I have her during the day, she just takes naps on my chest while I watch TV or read. Napping in her crib is very irritating to her! A Princess prefers to be catered to. I have decided to not cry it out during naptime just yet. I hate to think she is spending so much of her day crying!

1 comment:

  1. I try to think of it more as "communicating" than "crying", considering that's the only way they know how to communicate right now! Either way, it's not fun watching them cry - and the more tired I am the more it hurts! Let me know if you figure out how to get Gracie to sleep in her crib. Jamie was doing really well at that, but now he's pretty much only sleeping in his rocker at night. I think it's got something to do with his sinuses being congested and wanting to be upright, but it's been almost a month! Surely they've got to clear up sometime... right?

    ReplyDelete