Sunday, October 4, 2009

Gracie Milestones:

  • Has slept through the night 9 out of the last 10 nights! The longest run was 10 hours! Last night she slept 9 hours, but I failed as a mother. I woke up at 7am and looked at our video monitor to see if she was stirring....and it was dead! There is no way to hear her in our room without a monitor. I was mortified. This is only her 2nd night to sleep in her room for that exact reason...fear I won't know when she needs me! She was still in the same spot in the crib so I don't think she woke up and needed me...I hope!
  • Holds herself up on her elbows when on her tummy...and is tolerant of tummy time now!
  • Plays forever on her play gym and loves to grasp the octopus and coo at it.
  • Tries to laugh but it comes out as an audible gasp.
  • Went to her first bike race and had a blast! She loved being outside with all that activity. She did, however, make a stinky that reached between her sholder blades during the race. It took a pack of wipes, 3 diapers, and a towel to clean up! Boy was she happy after!
  • Went to Hooter's to watch the Auburn game last night....we figured it is a safe place to wear orange here. She loved all the attention! And the abundence of milk options I guess.
  • Bath time is no longer a chore! She loves it best when daddy bathes her.

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to your first point. One morning, Keven woke me up by saying, "Kaitlin's crying." Sure enough, I could barely hear her screaming. I had turned off the monitor when I fed her in the middle of the night so I wouldn't wake up Keven and never turned it back on. I felt so horrible! She had slept through a couple times, but not consistently so I just hoped that she never woke up and needed me. She doesn't seem scarred by it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get Gracie to like tummy time, or was it just that she's able to hold herself up so she likes it more? Jamie HATES IT! The pediatrician said we should try to get 15-20 minutes, 4 times a day... Jamie'll do maybe 3 if we're lucky!

    ReplyDelete