Friday, June 19, 2009

Our First Week

It is hard to believe we have only lived here one week. This is a great place and we are very happy. I am particularly happy when I'm in my jacquzzi tub every night. The dogs love their backyard and are pretty exhausted after running crazy looking for other neighboring dogs. The flooring guy is coming this morning to measure our floors. We are getting rid of all the carpet in the house. Crazy I know! But it is better for my allergies (which I'm sure Gracie will inherit) and no staining by dogs or kids.
Blake has been amazing! He hasn't sat down and rested for more than an hour from 5a.m.-9p.m. everyday. He can't stop getting things done. It is so helpful because my body feels like it is turning on me. My knees feel like they won't support me when I stand up and I now have stretch marks on my ankles. I'm trying not to complain but there is a lot to do and I am not very productive.
We are working out of a Hiring trailer everyday from 11-5. This is one busy trailer. Apparently there are not very many job opportunites in the area (even though I have seen some Now Hiring signs) Yesterday was less hectic than usual. We had more quality candidates coming in and we were able to accomplish more. It is tough to be in the middle of a phone call or working on something and then someone comes in interrupting you. Then I usually forget what I was in the middle of and it takes me 10 more mins to remember what I was doing and by then 2 more people have come in!
I had some extreme anxiety last night as the reality of everything hit me. Gracie is due in 21 days and I have a lot to do to prepare for the opening before she gets here. We have not hired any leadership other than Jason and Blake and I admit to feeling a little funny about leaving my store in the care of someone I don't know. So that means they will be there 5:30am-11pm everyday? And we will be sleep-deprived with a 2 week old in the house.
How will i make this work? I have no clue! At least I have a great support system!

1 comment:

  1. It will work...... I think you will be surprsied how great everything is going to go. God has it all worked out. I love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete