Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Lake or Old Row?

So Blake and I decided to hit the lake for 4 nights while we still can. This is really our last chance until we move on Friday and then I'm not allowed to travel after that. Then we will have a baby and open the unit. I am thinking we will travel straight from the hospital back to work when we are discharged. It should be an interesting experience.
We got to the lake on Thursday and we were the only ones around, It was so very peaceful. We slept really well that night. I have been very uncomfortable lately and it makes sleeping a bit more difficult. Not to mention I am so swollen it aches everywhere. Anywho, it was a gloomy day yesterday and I loved it! Blake went fishing for hours and I read my books in a rocking chair on the porch. Then we took a nap after lunch and started over: fishing, reading, a boat ride at dusk. Blake grilled the fish he caught (and me 2 hotdogs...I wasn't sure if I trusted his fish with my baby) and we ate on the porch. We watched 3 episodes of 24 and got some work done for the opening. Chick-fil-A gave me a laptop with Verizon Wireless Access and I can be on the internet anywhere! Even in the car!
We went outside again to read in the rocking chairs and then the rednecks started to arrive next door. The don't talk to eachother...they YELL! They yell and consume more beer than an entire fraternity party. They got started as we were going to bed (about 9) and they were at it until almost 4am. There had to be 20 of them and they are our age or older. It is just plain weird to me. Blake and I were up alot when it got particularly loud. We formed a plan for revenge.
We got up around 7am and Blake immediately started cutting the grass. He started right near their house. I let the dogs outside and showed them things to bark at. They acted like angels.
Two of the neighbors who were probably kept up all night also have taken on cutting the grass and weedeatting. So we have been relieved of our revengeful duties. And I was just about to take a hammer to the deck and knock all the nailheads in. It is a nice loud job but must be done!
We also discovered that ChaCha is deathly afraid of lawn mowers. Winston likes to follow Blake as he cuts the grass.
Blake's family will be here to grill out this afternoon and so will Jason and Ashley and Sydney.
Should be good times. I might need a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment