Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Moving out...crashing and burning

So today was an exhausting day. We had to move everything out of our house and our storage unit and then clean the house! WOW...it didn't take as long as it would have if Blake hadn't prepared so far ahead, but it was long enough.
Blake got up at 5:30am and went to Starbucks to get our day jump started while I showered and got ready for the day. At 7am a repair man came to make the final repairs the home inspector requested. We picked up the UHaul at 7:30am. It is the biggest freakin UHaul I have ever seen. I feel like Blake should have a special license.
I drove Dad's F150 behind Blake's UHaul. I don;t know what happened...I wasn't on the phone or listening to the radio..I guess I just have a pregnant brain. ANywho, I think I took the turn onto our street too wide and hit the "Yes We Can" mailbox. It is a hard-core brick mailbox (obviously a little too close to the road) covered in Obama posters. So i heard a loud crash and shatter and saw the side mirror smash into the side of the truck. I was horrified! I have never wrecked or anything before (Knock on Wood). I lost control and couldnt stop crying. Blake, Mom, and Dad were all very nice about it. They were glad that I didn't get hurt. It ruined my day until I was too tired to remember that this happened only today.
So Blake, Jason, Dad and ZA (a team member from Village Mall) worked until about 2:30 loading up the beast. You couldnt fit a piece of paper in that UHaul now. They even unloaded that whole thing and reloaded it to make room. They worked so hard in 100 degree weather!
In fact, Blake fell asleep before 6pm.
At 2:30 I started cleaning the house with help from 2 more team members, June and Inez. We cleaned that beast top to bottom. It took about 2.5 hours but it is over. Blake had to ride with the computer in his lap but we got everything out!
As we were leaving, he asked me if I was going to cry (I cried when we left Chick-fil-A) but I was seriously too tired to care one way or the other. I just wanted to put my feet and ankles in ice.
By the way, I tried that and it tickles really bad. My feet are like 20 degrees hotter than the rest of my body, purple (as #2 pointed out today) and fatter than my belly! If it wasn't for my feet and ankles, I would feel perfect. Albeit slightly uncomfortable.
We are staying at Jason and Ashley's house tonight. Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!! We close on the house in the morning and then drive up to Northport.
I sure do hope that moving in isn't as exhasuting as moving out....we shall see. First thing I will tell Pooh Bear is move my recliner in!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! THAT IS A VERY BUSY DAY!! U-HAUL SAVED MY MOVING DAY I NEEDED A TRUCK, CAR HAULER AND SOMEWHERE TO STORE SOME OF MY LESS IMPORTANT BELONGINGS :) I WENT IN TO RENT AND LEFT PURCHASING THE TRUCK AND A CAR CARRIER :) U-HAUL SAVED THE DAY!!! :)

    ReplyDelete