Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Three's Company

My house is so quiet these days. Do I love it? I'm not totally sure :-) Jason, Ashley and Sydney Claire have moved into an aparetment this week and we are now a family of 3. This is the first time we have all been alone together. Blake and I are still adjusting to little Gracie Gill. She is a very sweet baby when she feels well. She smiles the biggest smiles...her whole face lights up! She will be a charmer like her little cousin. We had an awesome night with Gracie Monday. She was so content all afternoon. We took her to a mexican restaurant and she didn't fuss when we put her in her seat and sat quietly during the entire dinner. That night she went 7 hours between feedings. I think she was happy because she had taken 3 nice poos that afternoon. She has seriously tummy issues. I am hoping her digestive system works out the kinks soon. She gets stiff as a board and screams like she is in great pain. I feel so bad for her.
Blake gets very frustrated with a crying baby. He is always in such a hurry that it has been an adjustment for him to work on her schedule. When we are going somewhere and I am nursing (which can take from 30 mins-1.5hr) he stresses and tries to rush me. There is nothing I can do! Then when she is crying and he can't make her stop he gets so stressed and thinks she doesn't like him. I can take her and quiet her down. She senses his tension. Over the past 3 days he has really worked on it and now she is doing GREAT for him. He has become the sweetest and most gentle father. He even took her out of bed at 6:30 yesterday and let me sleep another 2 hours. He said they watched the sunrise together and she just smiled and talked to him.
Now that he knows he doesn't have to "fix" whatever is wrong with her, he is much happier. He is a man of action and having a baby is requiring him to take it easy. There is nothing sexier than Blake smiling down at his sweet daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment