Saturday, December 10, 2011

Cousins


Aren't these the sweetest girls?  I must remember all the things Gracie says about Sydney so that I can remind them when they are older and fighting.  Gracie LOVES Sydney.  Maybe more than she loves me.  No really.  She thinks that S hung the moon.
Of course they can fight and push and snatch toys and hit and cry just like two sisters that are only 16 months apart.  But I believe they have a love almost closer than sisters.  Let's take this morning for instance.....

Today we got up early and got ready to go to Breakfast with Santa at Bryant Denny Stadium.  I have been talking up Santa for days now. 
All morning I ask G, "Are you ready to go see Santa?"
G replys, "And Sydney?" 
"Yes, Sydney too."

In the car I ask- "Gracie, you ready to go see Santa?"
"And Sydney, mommy?"
"Yes, baby.  And Sydney."
"I so excited to see Sydney."
"And Santa?"
"Yes. Ho ho ho."

The kid was more excited about going to Syd than freaking Santa Claus!  We enjoyed seeing Santa, however, G would not get within arm's reach of him.  I ended up having to sit on the floor next to Santa with G in my lap.  He was a very Santa but G wanted no part.  She would have rather sat in Sydney's lap.  Then we had breakfast and had templates to write letters to Santa.
I asked G," Do you want to write a letter to Santa?"
"No, I write a letter to Sydney."

Really???  She is sitting right here!  I'm sorry that I don't have any pics but we took Ash 2 camera because mine was at CFA for breakfast with Santa Cow.  We went there after and that was more G's cup of tea.

These girls are so special.  I love watching them grow up together.  They are best friends.  I really hope J&A don't move too far away so that these girls can stay close.  I am praying for close opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment