Friday, January 15, 2010

Nursing Strike

Gracie seems to be going through a nursing strike. If I even think about nursing her, she starts to cry. Her eyes open wide in panic and she screams for help. I'm not real sure what to think, but it hurts my feelings. I made a commitment to nurse for 6 months because I felt like it was best for her, and relieved some guilt about going to work so soon. At this point I have had no interest in weaning her. Even with Seminar coming up in February...Gracie will be staying with her grandparents for several days. But now...

1 comment:

  1. We went through that, too! Jamie would pretty much only nurse late at night (when he was too tired/hungry to remember he was on strike!) I tried to give him milk in a sippy cup to cut down on the nipple confusion, and he was over it in about a day or two. askdrsears.com had some good info, as well as kellymom.com. I think it was because my period was coming back and he knew it before I did. It's frustrating for sure, but it'll be over soon. Hang in there, I am so proud of you for sticking with it with all you've been through!!!

    ReplyDelete